It is great time to start planning what to make of all harvest goods that are coming to the markets. New carrots and beetroots are wonderful ingredients for everyday food as you can cook/ bake and put ready meals to freezer. Ready meals save those days when you don´t have so much time to use for cooking but need fulfilling and good food.
Feta Carrot Pastries
550 g carrots
60 g parsnip
3 garlic cloves
200 g feta cheese
1 kg savory buff pastry dough
salt and pepper
1. Peel and mince onions. Peel and grate carrots and parsnips.
2. Sweat onions in vegetarian oil. Put the onions aside and sweat grated carrots and parsnips.
3. Put together onions, carrot & parsnip grate, minced garlic cloves and 200 g feta cheese. Mix properly and spice with salt and black pepper.
4. Take the buff pastry plates from a freezer and defrost. Cut to 32 squares. Put some filling in the middle and fold the pastry. Use some water to the seams and press the edges with fork.
5. Egg the pastries and sprinkle with poppy seed.
6. Bake in the oven in 225 Celsius degrees for about 10 minutes or until the pastries have gotten a nice golden surface.
Beetroot Beefs and Spinach Sauce
600 g beetroot
180 g potatoes
40 g bread crumble
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp parsley
1 tsp wild juniper berries
salt, black pepper and sugar
1. Put bread crumbles and eggs to a bowl and let the crumbles to swallow.
2. Cook and smash potatoes. Cook beetroots al dente, peel and grate. Mince and sweat onions.
3. Add minced parsley, juniper berries and garlic to egg and bread crumbles, mix properly.
4. Add potatoes and grated beetroots. Spice with black pepper, salt and sugar.
5. Fry the beefs on a frying pan with vegetarian oil.
2 tbsp butter
1,5 tbsp flour
1 dl cream
1 dl water
200 g spinach
salt and white pepper
Melt butter in a frying pan and mix with flour. Add 1 dl cream and heat. Add spinach from freezer and heat. Add water if needed ( if the sauce is too thick). Let the sauce cook together in low temperature and spice with salt and white pepper.
Serve beetroot beefs with spinach sauce and potatoes. Feta-carrot pastries are a good savory snack or make a great lunch with salad or berry soup.
Have a nice Food and Recipe Wednesday!