Wednesday 2 December 2015

Ready with the renovating! Time for Christmas.











Finally I got it all done. The project that had continued for the whole autumn is finished. At first it was just painting some furniture and redecorating. Then it spread to wall papering, new carpet, curtains etc. Of course it was all inspiring and it is difficult to stop :) Still I started to feel a bit tired after lots of weekends in the middle of chaos. I also missed all those "little" projects like crocheting and sewing that don´t take the whole house! After the Handicrafts Fair I have been thinking about felting as I bought lots of supplies for that. It is time since I have been felting (done it lot in the past) and now it feels new and inspiring. I have also lots of colorful fabrics waiting for sewing projects. I think December will go with sewing, felting and crocheting. It feels good to place all Christmas decorations and slow down to enjoy these beautiful December days. Many times you just wait for Christmas and then when December comes you don´t have enough time to realize that the season is here and now.

In these pictures you can see the corridor before and after wall paper. It is a pity that I didn´t remember to take pictures from the corridor with the former furniture. It was a real mess with all those beanies, mittens and scarfs hanging around. Not to mention about shoes. Now the chest of drawers takes the accessories and I put some of my clothes to goodwill to get storage for my shoes in the closets. I was thinking about the style I got in my corridor and I would say it is nostalgic scandi style with vintage elements. The strong colored wall paper connects the style with the other rooms, that have a little more bohemian atmosphere with India inspired colors.

Wishing inspiring December days for you all

Sannu


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!