Friday 12 May 2017

Quinoa and Veggie Stuffed Courgettes

Happy Friday! Today I made these tasty stuffed courgettes and now I want to share this easy recipe with you. Stuffed courgettes are a healthy treat for the end of the week and perfect for enjoying the evening with good food. Somehow I think stuffed courgettes are luxury even though the ingredients are affordable and it is relatively simple to prepare these. These would also be perfect for a spring or summer buffet as it is easy to make bigger amounts if needed. 


***
Quinoa and Veggie Stuffed Courgettes:

1,5, dl quinoa
3 medium size courgettes
1 paprika
1 carrot
1 onion
100 g cherry tomatoes
0,5 dl fresh basil
2 garlic cloves
0,5 dl Kalamata olives
2 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper
Vegetarian oil
Feta cheese


Step 1. Cook the quinoa as told on the package. Mince the onion, paprika and carrot. Slice the cherry tomatoes. 


Step 2. Split the courgettes in two. Carve out the inside. Place the courgettes on a baking tray.

Step 3. Sweat the onion, paprika and carrot with oil on a frying pan. Add in the tomatoes and contents from courgettes. Let cook until the veggies are a bit soft.


Step 4. Mix together veggies, quinoa, chopped olives, minced basil and garlic, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Stuff the courgettes and bake in a preheated oven in 200 Celsius degrees until the courgette covers become softer. Serve with crumbled feta cheese. 

***


Today I prepared 3 courgettes and my plan is to have a home evening with a good book. I love to read and I make lots of must read lists. For the past two years I have been reading less that I would like to because I have felt that I don´t have time. To be frank to myself time is not the main reason why I haven´t read that much. I have also had difficulties to slow down and concentrate. Especially more challenging books need time to open. Minute every now and then is not enough for me to soak in to the book´s world. Instead of just listing must read good books I have decided to take action and read 100 pages every day. It is a good amount to get in to reading mood and now that I have been following this rule for few days I have read actually more that 100 pages per day. Evening is the best time for me and I have taken the reading time from telly time. It is a great pleasure to read interesting classics and new books with current topics. Books give a lot to think about and it is always fun to be able to take part to book conversations. Now I have been reading A S Byatt´s Possession. A Romance and Margaret Atwood´s The Handmaid´s Tale. The Handmade´s Tale is now also as series. I haven´t seen it yet but it made me curious to read this book from 1985 to learn why is it so current. Maybe I will watch the series afterwards, the cast is amazing!

Have a Wonderful and relaxing weekend!

Sannu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!