Wednesday 7 September 2016

Quick and Easy Shrimp Barlotto

I like to make food from barley as it is very tasty and fulfilling. Many times in recipes you can use barley instead of rice. With this simple everyday recipe you make 4 servings. 


You will need:

1 vegetarian bouillon cube
1 L water
2 dl whole precooked barley

2 tbsp vegetarian oil
curry
cumin
chili
black pepper
3 spring onions
1 small paprika

1 can black beans in water
180 g shrimps

salt
lemon juice
parsley
avocado


Step 1. Cook barley in water with a bouillon cube. After cooking pour off the extra water (use it later in cooking if needed).
Step 2. Take a frying pan and heat spices in vegetarian oil. Add and sweat chopped onions and paprika.
Step 3. Add cooked barley and heat. Add black beans and shrimps and heat. Add some water if needed.
Step 4. Spice with salt, minced parsley and lemon juice. Serve with avocado slices.


I will continue my Wednesday by decorating the balcony for Autumn. Summer flowers are still blooming but yellow trees tell that it is already September. This week I also bought my first ever pumpkin and I have practiced some pumpkin carving (it is quite fun). I have planned to make a small decorative arrangement with some branches, pumpkin lantern and chrysanthemum.

Have a good and tasty Wednesday!

Sannu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!